Culligan is seeking a General Manager who creates an environment for success by leading from the front, serving as the area leader responsible for all areas of the business including sales strategy, operational structure, financial outcomes and scorecard metrics. General Manager’s must have a track record of successful leadership, including the development of teams and individuals.
This position will be responsible for achieving sales and service results with overall P & L accountability including budgeting, managing operational expenses and directing the activity of all personnel in Ann Arbor/Detroit and Ida, Michigan. This includes the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, development and motivation. He or she will also provide strategic overviews to executive management about the territory, personnel opportunities, growth prospects and forecasting.
The General Manager will provide leadership by supporting a culture of continuous improvement with an emphasis on achieving customer and organizational objectives. Supporting long-term success and dealer profitability through continuous business development and rigorous assessment of prospective business, focusing on operating culture, financial stability, and staff performance. Culligan GM’s should have the ability to operationalize concepts with true business acumen by developing organization in the dealership to effectively benchmark, analyze and deliver measurable results for our valuable customers.
- Responsible for maintaining current budgeted revenue and cost for the locations
- Hiring, retention, and training of all staff members
- Day to day management of approximately 20 employees
- Daily management of route completions, evaluations, and operations
- Collections of payments, equipment repossession efforts, and training staff on collection practices
- Continuous improvement in customer relations
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Oversee all daily and monthly customer account billing and updating
- Protect the assets of the company with accountability to P&L and yearly budget goals of the location
- Conduct ride-a-longs with Route Drivers to ensure best practices
- Maintenance on all location vehicles – including keeping up with regularly scheduled maintenance requirements
- Manage all office functions such as delinquents, petty cash, approving payables, etc…
- Prior Experience – Management experience necessary; prior route sales and/or management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of routing efficiencies and logistics management as well as the ability to handle budgeting processes and manage P&L statements.
- Ability to recognize, prioritize and accomplish daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Ability to motivate staff to accomplish aforementioned goals.
- Personality – Self-driven, results oriented with a positive outlook and clear focus on high quality customer service and business profit.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with employees and customers.
- Reliable, tolerant and determined; well organized with excellent communication and time management skills.
- Able to get along with others and create a team atmosphere.
Ready To Apply? Email your resume directly to our hiring mangers Justin Brazelton at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through our Career Center at https://careers-hallswater.icims.com.
Benefits: Our company always offers opportunity for advancement, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, Company Paid Life + the option for additional supplemental life insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident supplemental plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) with generous company match and Paid Time Off.
Hall’s Culligan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and encourages minorities, females, veterans and those with disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Hall’s Culligan does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties.