WC&P International
Home  |  Archive  |  Links  |  Media Kit  |  About WCP  |  Contact WCP  |  Glossary  |  Videos


Current IssueJuly 31, 2015
Registered users login here to see extended content.
Ask The Expert: Pool advice
Question: Q: Help! I have an unusual request with which I'm hoping someone at your publication can help me. I have a copper and silver ionization system for my in-ground pool and the man who installed it is no longer around. I need an advisor for future issues with it. There is a box with controls on it and a cell attached to the filtration system. It is wonderful, but I have nowhere to turn for advice. Can you recommend someone? Also there's no company name on the equipment. Please help me if you can.

Lauren Vines  

Answer: A: More and more water treatment dealers are finding the home pool market an excellent niche to work in since they already have some expertise in assuring proper water quality. Check your local yellow pages for a dealer. Otherwise, you can try the following organizations:
• The National Pool & Spa Institute: www.nspi.org
• National Swimming Pool Foundation: www.nspf.com
• PoolTechnician.com: www.pooltechnician.com
• Independent Pool & Spa Service Association: www.ipssa.com
All these websites have related links, which are likely to be able to put you in touch with someone who can answer your question or at least point you in the right direction.

Return to Ask The Expert index