|Ask The Expert: Journals for `air purification`
|Question: Q: Hello, one of my colleagues subscribes to your magazine, and I would like to know if you are aware of any trade magazines for "air purification"-type applications including activated carbon? Thanks in advance.
Peter Effard, Senior Development Engineer
Domnick Hunter Industrial Division
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, UK
Answer: A: Sorry, but we don't see a magazine specific to air filtration or purification issues out there. Maybe one of our readers might be able to suggest one.
Meanwhile, the only non-commercial websites or publications we see available online or otherwise are for the American Filtration Society (www.afssociety.org), National Air Filtration Association (www.nafahq.org) and Filtration+Separation Magazine, which Jerry Peterson—WC&P's founder—had a hand in creating. By that, I mean one of the magazines he started was eventually merged into what's become Filtration+Separation.
A few other items I ran across with some relevance to air and water are listed below:
• Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry: www.inda.org
• Facts Fiction Fun Filtration: www.filterdude.com
• Global Filtration Directory: www.filterhomepage.com
• Environmental Protection Magazine: www.eponline.com
• Home Energy Magazine:* http://homeenergy.org
• U.S. Department of Homeland Security: www.ready.gov/make_a_kit.html
A listing of companies involved in marketing air filtration products can be found at the Green Pages website. See: www.eco-web.com/cgi-local/sfc?a=index/index.html&b=index/category/4.6.html
Return to Ask The Expert index