|Ask The Expert: Peroxide dosing?
Q: I was wondering if you offered online questions like the magazine does in "Ask the Expert." Thing is I've been contemplating for a while to try to move away from chlorine dosing and maybe moving to hydrogen peroxide, can you offer me any pros and cons on this and what would be the dosing level in ppm. Many thanks.
A: We would recommend against this because hydrogen peroxide leaves no residual, as chlorine does—so your entire distribution system would not be disinfected. Also, hydrogen peroxide is more aggressive than chlorine, and may attack your materials of construction. If you object to the taste of chlorine, we suggest you put in a carbon filter close to your drinking water tap.
Return to Ask The Expert index